Facebook isn’t a pure video sharing website, but it seems that you have a more watching video on Facebook instead of Youtube.
When you were scrolling down the News Feed and saw a video, it will be played automatically without pressing the play button.
Apparently, not all users happy with the autoplay videos. The video sucks your internet bandwidth even if you are not watching until the end.
So, how to disable autoplay video on Facebook?
This article provides a complete guide with pictures to turning off autoplay feature on video from Facebook. The following guides below covers the Android, iOS, and desktop version.
#1 Disable Autoplay Video on Facebook Android
A short guide to disable autoplay video on Facebook Android:
- Open the Facebook Android app, tap the three horizontal lines
- Scroll down and select Settings & Privacy
- Select App Settings
- Tap the Autoplay section
- Finally, choose Never Autoplay Videos
A complete guide to disable autoplay video on Facebook Android:
1. Open the Facebook for Android app, log in to your account. Tap the three horizontal lines, located at the top menu (see the following picture).
2. Scroll down until you reach the bottom page, then select Settings & Privacy.
3. After the list expanded, select the App Settings.
4. Tap on the Autoplay section.
5. To disable autoplay video on Facebook, select Never Autoplay Videos option.
Facebook also provides an option to only enable autoplay under WiFi connections, in case you wanted to save internet bandwidth on a metered connection.
#3 Disable Autoplay Video on Facebook Desktop
A short guide to disable autoplay video on the Facebook desktop:
- Log in to Facebook, click the down arrow on the header menu, select Settings
- On the left sidebar, choose Videos
- On the Auto-Play Videos section, select Off
A complete guide to disable autoplay video on the Facebook desktop:
1. First, log in to your Facebook account. On the top menu, click the down arrow icon, and then select Settings
(Or you can go through this URL https://www.facebook.com/settings for a shortcut.)
2. Point your eyes to the left sidebar, select Videos.
3. On the Auto-Play Videos, select Off, and the new settings will be automatically applied.
Default, on, and Off explanation:
- Default: The video only played automatically if it already loaded first to prevent buffering at the first appearance.
- On: The video will be automatically played, no matter if it was loaded or not.
- Off: The video only run if the user clicks the Play button.
#3 Disable Autoplay Video on Facebook iOS
- Go to the Phone Settings and scroll down until you found Facebook
- Tap on it and click Settings
- Next, tap the Autoplay
- Choose either WiFi only or Off
Recent Facebook updates for the iOS enabling the user to disable autoplay video through the Facebook app directly, the same way as the Android.