How to create a Google Plus page without a Business account? This question comes to my head after I tried to make Google+ page for this website. No one tutorials on the internet help me.
Then I’m trying to figuring out why Google Plus registration page always drive me to the My Business profile?
And I realized something…
To create a Google Plus Page originally by accessing this address http://plus.google.com/pages/create, but it doesn’t work anymore. Google has been redirecting the page into My Business registration. In other words, Google wants every new brand converted into a business listed on its service.
I’m disappointed about this new policy because it may mislead their customer.
Google was merging the Google Plus page with the My Business account, and the result confuses the user that wanted to create a new page. Meanwhile, if you are going to make a new Google Plus page without My Business account, you came to the right place!
Since the independent link to make Google Plus page has been decommissioned, we need a different way.
Create a Google Plus Page without Business Account
1. First, log in to your Google account, then go to this URL https://www.youtube.com/channel_switcher.
2. Select Create a new channel. This is the only way if you want to create a brand page with no business profile.
3. Name your Google Plus page (Youtube channel) and click Create.
4. Now, the channel and Google Plus page has created. You can ignore the Youtube channel at this moment and go to the next step.
5. Your new Google Plus page has been created too, but not completed. To access full features, you need to upgrade the page by visiting this link https://plus.google.com/up/accounts/upgrade/. It will direct you to the Google Plus homepage, click your profile picture and select the page that intended to upgrade.
6. Now, click Enable to gain all Google+ features for your brand page.
7. And boom! Your full Google Plus page has now completed. You can add a post, make a collection, add a friend, follow people, and many more.
…and no My Business account required.
If you have a plan to create another page in the future, consider bookmarking this page by pressing CTRL+D.
Also, don’t forget to follow USBtip.com on Google Plus.