The largest PC game platform – Steam offering thousands of video games that always increasing every day. Game developers can store their game inside the Steam page while selling a physical version for a gamer that has no decent internet connection.
To activate the game, they need to input the CD keys into Steam software. Some people also buy a game through third-party services that sell the Steam game code, and the customer can activate the game through the Steam as well.
If you don’t know to activate your game on Steam, here is the guide!
How to Activate Game on Steam
A short guide to activate a game on Steam:
- Launch the Steam client and log in with your account
- Click Add a Game, located at the bottom left of the window
- Select Activate a Produce on Steam
- Follow the instructions and input the game code
A complete guide to activate a game on Steam:
1. First, log in to the Steam app with your account. At the left bottom corner, click Add a Game.
(If you had not installed the client yet, download the Steam here https://store.steampowered.com/about/)
2. Next, select Activate a Produce on Steam…
3. The activation window will show. Click Next.
4. You may read the Steam Agreement first, once you have done and understand, click I Agree.
5. Now, input the game code and click Next. One product code only for one account.
When it finished, the Steam will offer you to install the game. You can choose whether to conduct an installation soon after activating the game or sometime later.
Meanwhile, the Steam website cannot be used to activate a game. Its purpose seemingly as a store catalog so people over the internet can find their desired game via a search engine and then landed on the Steam website.
Almost entire features are available in the Steam client. Hence, it’s necessary to have the program on your computer.