The three-dimensional (3D) object mainly used for different industries, including video games, movies, medical imaging, scientific, design, engineering, and even manufacturing product.
The AutoCAD by Autodesk is a software to help user crafting 3D object on the computer. The actual price of a single AutoCAD license is $1,575 per year.
But you can get the software free and legal.
Introducing AutoCAD student version.
The Autodesk company has tried to engage students to learn how to create a 3D model on a computer. In fact, the student version has no differences compared to the professional version, in terms of features and functionality.
If you are interested to get AutoCAD for free, check out following guide below!
How to Get AutoCAD Software License for Free!
- Go to this link https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/autocad
- Register your account and your educational status
- Verify your email and log in to the Autodesk account
- Click the download button at the AutoCAD section
- Read the agreement, click Install to download the software
1. On your desktop PC, go to this link https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/autocad and click Create Account.
2. Now, select your educational status and click Next.
3. Type your name, email, and password as the requirements to create an account. Then, click Create Account. Don’t forget to check the agreement.
4. Go to the email account that you used for registering an account, click Verify Email in the Autodesk inbox.
5. After the account verified, click Done.
6. Next, the important part. Enter your educational institution, whether it’s a school or university. If your institution was not listed, it will offer to add new institution by yourself.
After all the requirements filled, click Next.
7. The Autodesk page may ask you to re-login. After logged in, click Continue.
8. The AutoCAD software will be available to download. Click the Download Now button.
9. Choose the software version, Windows version, and primary language. Then, click Install Now.
10. Check the agreement of AutoCAD. After finished, select I Accept then press Install.
The program will immediately be downloading. You can install the AutoCAD normally and run it on your machine.
What are the differences between AutoCAD Student and AutoCAD Professional?
At the early announcement of AutoCAD Student that available free for the educational entity, there are huge differences compared to the Professional one. But now, both version has similar features and capability.
The Student version is supposed for learning and training utility. But it’s not allowed to publish the work for commercial or professional use.
The agreement says that AutoCAD is “for Personal Learning Purposes and only at and from locations that are not labs or classrooms and are not operated for commercial, professional or for-profit purposes.”
As long you not selling something that crafted using AutoCAD Student version or courses about 3D modeling, you are good to go. Also, keep in mind that this license only lasts for three years, and after that, the software is cannot be used anymore.
…because it’s time to purchase the full version!